Another Day Down

Day 2 (of 4) – session 2 (of 3) went well.
The nurses are always kind and efficient – and today we very much enjoyed the company of a couple of fellow patients – shout out to Brad and Michael (a young man Eric’s age). We wish you both the very best – and good health (and know that WILL be accomplished due to your great attitudes and humour). We’ve met so many wonderful new people through this journey.

We’re not able to directly respond to messages posted on the Guestbook – but please know that they are read and greatly appreciated!

Dr Reingold has updated us that he’s applied to OHIP for ‘pre-approval’ for ‘out of country service’. This second application includes the same information as the last (the case studies documenting that surgery is the best approach for FHC whenever possible and a compelling appeal from Dr Reingold). Added to this request is the two letters from Dr’s Hart and Colborn (stating that they will not operate on Eric) – and letters from Dr’s Vauthey and Kaseb (at MD Anderson in Texas). I have not had the opportunity to read these letters as yet, but I assume they detail their considerable experience with FHC – and future plans for Eric’s treatment. Once the application is received, OHIP will render it’s decision within 15-20 days. As we have always been cautioned that chances for approval are slim, we will be disappointed (as opposed to surprised) if this is the case. And – thanks to the incredible generosity of those who’ve joined us on this journey – we are confident that funding for surgery will be available when (not if) Eric is eligible for it.

We continue to be humbled and grateful for the outpouring of support received.
Much thanks,
Team Eric